THC = Tetrahydrocannabinol
CBD = Cannabidiol
CBD (Cannabidiol) and THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) are the two most common cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. While they are both cannabinoids that work with the human endocannabinoid system they are also very different. In this blog, we will look at how they are alike and how they are different and what that means to us.
CBD vs THC The Differences
- CBD is derived from the Hemp plant. THC is derived from the Marijuana plant. Both plants are members of the Cannabis family.
- The most recognized of the differences between the two is that THC has psychoactive properties. Whereas with CBD that is not the case. In other words, one can make you “high” while the other can’t.
- THC is still under the FDA’s Controlled Substance Act. So it’s a heavily regulated controlled substance. On the other hand, CBD, when derived from the hemp plant, is now legal in all 50 states as long as it contains less than .3 THC and makes no health claims. All A Clean Choice products fall into the CBD category and cannot get you high.
CBD vs THC The Similarities
- Both CBD and THC can be found in Cannabis plants. CBD is found in much higher levels in the Hemp plant while THC is found at much higher levels in the marijuana plant. Both plants are in the Cannabis family.
- Both work with other cannabinoids to create what is known as the entourage effect. The entourage effect essentially means that they magnify the effects of each other, other cannabinoids and terpenes. They do this by working synergistically with them. Which enhances the effect of the therapeutic benefits that hemp products may provide naturally.
- Both of them have been and are currently being extensively studied to determine their possible health benefits and risk. Feel free to visit our CBD Research Archive for links to just some of this research.
- The research around both Cannabinoids is promising in areas such as inflammation reduction, cancer treatment and neurological issues like Epilepsy. More research should be done to confirm these findings.
End of the proverbial line
That’s the basic break down of what is different and the same regarding THC and CBD. If you are looking for more information regarding the human endocannabinoid system and how cannabinoids like CBD work with it, visit our beginners guide to CBD.
For more information regarding A Clean Choice brand, CBD products click below!